[6pack] TR3 Gearbox Oil

trsix74 at comcast.net trsix74 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 05:58:57 MST 2011

There are many answers to this question. In some books it recommends 30W, other vesions it shows 90W. Some TR repair experts have the same opinions. My local man who has been repairing LBC's for over 30 years says Triumphs use 90 w and Mg's use 30w.

I have been driving my TR3A with a 1968 OD gearbox for 5 years now with 90w. I replace the oil yearly, only because in the winter I get bored, start feeling like need to do something to extend the life of my car and I enjoy the mess I make!