[6pack] lug nuts

Vance Navarrette v.navarrette at comcast.net
Sun Jan 2 17:48:52 MST 2011

	Bud:

	I don't believe those are a good replacement. They need to be
specified as conical, since our wheels are steel rather than aluminum and
rely on a conical tip to center the wheel on the stud correctly. A better
choice would be
http://www.ezaccessory.com/Bullet_Mag_Lug_Nut_7_16_p/8232.htm at the site
mentioned below.

	Although not the original style, they have the correct conical tip
to work with our steel wheels. A non-conical nut will not be safe.

	If you are willing to toss the center trim piece, then conventional
chromed acorn nuts with conical tips will work.

	If you want to retain the center trim piece with the TR6 logo, you
will need to go with a shanked nut, conical tip, 7/16" x 20 threads. Mag
wheel nuts are almost always non-conical and therefore not safe for use with
steel wheels. The only mag style nut that is conical (at least that I am
aware of) are the so called "bullet mag" nuts.

	Vance