[6pack] TR6 hardtop

Ruffner, James A *HS JAR7U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu Oct 13 13:09:52 MDT 2011

A true TR-4 surrey top will not work on a TR-6.  The true surrey top (not an
after-market fiberglass hardtop) involves a structure that is a permanent part
of the TR-4 body, and the "top" is is a panel that links the windshield to the
rear structure.  It's a bit like a "T-Top" design that was popular on
Corvettes, etc.

The true TR-6 hardtop can be fitted to the TR-4, with some minor mods to the
car, which includes using the TR-6 windshield and mods to rear edge of the
body where the soft top attaches.