[6pack] Rear Signal/Tail/Brake Light Wiring

Jerry Shaw slowtoaccept at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 15:54:49 MDT 2011

Okay, well I'm highly skeptical of the litezupp approach because it doesn't
make a whole lot of sense if you compare it to the Classic approach - yes I
know the litezupp guys are auto guys and members of the IEEE and are expert
engineers. But, hey, give me a break. First of all they offer 4 high-intensity
LEDs in an enclosure that allows easy use of the existing sockets in the back
end of your car, so from a marketing view that's appealing. But it's the a-s-s
end of your car at risk, so be a little skeptical and ask the right questions.
Ask about their high directionality and the use of the existing reflectors
with the Litezupp approach? Don't think so. They may seem bright from a
limited angle from behind, but what about the angle of visibility such as from
the side, where someone may be sitting as you are zooming down the freeway.
With 63 bright red LEDs filling the entire lens of the rear production lens
module, doesn't it make more sense to fill that lens with many LEDs as
possible,  each with an included illumination angle of probably over 120
degrees? Anyway, I ordered from Classic to encourage him to make more
production runs, then I ordered a couple of 1156 amber lights for my rear
signal lights from Litezupp to .... ahemm --- cover my a-s-s from ... ahemm...
behind.