[6pack] Zinc Additive.

Glenn Franco gaf3 at charter.net
Mon Oct 31 10:47:19 MST 2011

Hi All

I have torn down 4 TR6 engines in the past 4 months all with wiped out cams.
The latest was a performance reground cam with low miles and 2 lobes
severely worn.

I know this has been a topic/thread in the past but wondered what if any
Zinc Additives are out there.

For the rebuilds, I used either Brad Penn 30wt break in oil, Valvoline
Racing oil (20w50) and Rotella ( 15w40 highest in zinc of the diesel oils)

As these engines age their owners are going to start changing their own
oil, Most have switched back to Castrol 20w50.
As I understand that formula has changed to the low zinc for emissions.
I'm running it in my engine as well.

I'm now very concerned and would like to get this under control with an
additive.

Any Suggestions?
Thanks in Advance
Glenn Franco