[6pack] hood release

Colin Thom colinthom at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 4 16:53:16 MDT 2012

Hi gang,

I made something very similar to what's at Macy's garage, using an old hood
pull cable and a modified alternator slide bracket. The only thing to watch
for is that when you pull down on whatever you create to pull down on, which
will be hanging above the passenger's legs, you have to make sure you push
your actuating lever back to the forward edge of the latch. When you pull
down on your actuating device, you'll notice that the lever keeps moving
backwards after it's activated the latch. The latch will spring back into
place, your actuator will then be behind it, and if you don't return your
lever to the forward side of the latch, it won't do you any good the next
time you pull down on your pull device.

Colin

Today's Topics:

   1. TR-6 Hood release (Bill Wellbaum)