[6pack] Since we're talkin' about TR-7 J-type ODs …

Henri Lefebvre 75teer6 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:13:18 MDT 2012

James,

In your response below you write:

"..You can check ....Third possibility is the secondary relay.  It
could also be stuck."

I am currently checking my J-Type O/D electrical before I re-install
the transmission cover.

What are you referring to by "secondary relay"?
Where is it located and what is its function?

My J-Type has 3 switches around the top cover:
  Left side is the reverse lights;
  Right side the Neutral switch which is part of the ignition system.
  Top, forward of the shift lever, is the O/D switch to ensure the O/D
turns ON only in 3rd or 4th.

Thank you,

Henri

--