[6pack] TR6 Combustion Chamber

Ruffner, James A *HS JAR7U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Fri Mar 9 18:31:38 MST 2012

Once again the "unleaded gas" boogie man.  Many years ago when I purchased a
'60 TR-3A, which I still possess, (it was used) I asked Bob Tullius, who
worked at the Triumph dealer at the time, and who was sponsored by Triumph,
what was the best gas.  He emphatically stated "use Amoco unleaded. It costs a
bit more, but is the very best for the engine."  I have had a valve or two
burn over the years (poor valve clearance set by the shop!) but never a
problem with recessed valves.  I still have a couple of original heads in the
basement that never needed any work on the valve seats.  I'm about to pitch
them.