[6pack] TR6 Combustion Chamber

Sally or Dick Taylor tr6taylor at webtv.net
Fri Mar 9 23:18:59 MST 2012

I'm with the group that's never had a problem with valve seat recession. Approx. 150,000 miles on the engine since tetraethyl was phased out, here in Ca. in the late eighties.  For those concerned that this could happen to your engine, know that recession will cause the valve lash to "get smaller". A check of clearances now and then will confirm this. I don't use any of the Lead-o-matic juices either. Most (all?) of the 6's come with the Stellite exhaust valve faces, so that's another plus.

Dick