[6pack] Vanity plates

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Tue Oct 16 16:56:24 MDT 2012

"SAD!  I don't understand, why bother slamming another instead of promoting
yours?"  Henri Lefebvre

Henri, Couple of things, and this is coming from a guy that has owned MGs,
and Triumphs, and Austin Healeys. The great unwashed masses, if they
recognize your car at all, will think its an MG, I have had countless
comments about both my Triumphs and Austin Healeys being MGs, as in "what
kind of MG is that" or "I used to have (or my brother or my roomate) an MG
just like that", so the joke may not be so much a slam of MGs, as a "fer
chrissake stop calling my TR an MG".

Second, I think these days most of us realize that our Triumphs and Healeys
and MGs are all from the same family under the skin, with Dunlop wire
wheels, and Lucas Electrics and SU or Stromberg carbs and what not, built in
the same counttry for the same purpose in later days by the same parent
company, to make some export money and provide some good sporting motoring
fun, and the ribbing and joking that occurs these days is for the most part
just that, good natured jabs and jests.

Peace Love Out,

Greg Lemon

Present or former owner of: