[6pack] DOT 5 leads to hydraulic component failures

Robert Perry rgperry at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 8 17:29:07 MST 2013

Hello Jerry,

I have used Dot 5 brake fluid for over 20 years.  At about 20 years of use I
had to rebuild the rear wheel cylinders that I had replaced in 1989.  The
reason for the rebuild was because I had bought and used a quart of DOT 5.1 by
mistake!  It took a while for the failure to occur.  I mixed the two different
brake fluid.

Regards,

Robert Perry