[6pack] Dot 5

Berry btp44 at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 20:54:26 MST 2013

Last month I noticed  fluid dripping from the clutch master cyl, so I decided
it would be a good time to rebuild both the master&slave cylinders. Both of
the bores were like new (the master was sleeved with stainless) and the cast
iron slave cyl. showed no signs of pitting. I was surprised that the seals
were quite soft-kind of like dried jello and very swollen. Looking back at my
records, I found that they were last replaced in 1996. Not a bad testimony for
Dot 5 fluid.
Berry