[6pack] removing rear drums - stuck screw

Larry Young cartravel at pobox.com
Sat Jan 25 09:14:53 MST 2014

I just got through removing some horribly rusty slotted screws. First,
you have to take your time.  Apply penetrating oil twice a day.  Try
heating them red hot with a torch. Wait for them to cool. I have found
an impact screw driver can work wonders.  They are not expensive at the
discount tool stores.  I have also used an impact wrench (with slotted
screw socket)  set on low.  If it doesn't come lose the first time,
apply more penetrating oil and try again later. The heat, hammering and
penetrating oil will eventually work, but it may take a week.
Larry