[6pack] Sloane's oil pressure

Yahoo brucesimms2003 at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 28 14:02:42 MDT 2014

My cold start up pressure is  80- 85 lbs when she roars to life.   Same as when I bought my 6 17 years ago.   Hot 900 rpm idle is 20-25.   I did the oil pump blueprint a few years ago when I had the pan off to install steel sealing block, fix a leak and clean out gunk at bottom of pan.  Smoothing out the oil pump body gave me 5-10 lbs at start-up.   Other then that and new thrust washers, no bottom end work by me.   I use STP at every oil change, which is every fall nowadays.
I think my pressure is quite acceptable, but not perfect.   Power is very good.
Cheers,  Bruce Simms