[6pack] Valve Cover

Robert M. Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Thu Apr 9 04:55:34 MDT 2015

On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, Yahoo via 6pack wrote:

> I think my shiny alloy one looks high performance.

No disagrement on the looks. Sometimes looks take a back seat, though.

> Biggest plus is
> that you can tighten it down properly and cover doesn't deform.

Well, not much to add here.

> Cork
> gasket sealed to cover with gasket goop and no leaks.

You may be just lucky on that one. I'm not sure I ever got cork to stay
leak free for more than a year - the cork shrinks and the valve cover
corners start leaking. Sometimes "in a big way".

> Think there might be a  silicone? valve cover gasket out there
> somewhere but  haven't looked into it. as what I'm doing seems to work.

Alexander Racing Enterprises (www.the-vintage-racer.com) has these - they
are awesome. Highly recommended!! For both the stock valve cover and the
alloy. It is almost a set it and forget it part!! The fit on the alloy
cover is perfect as-is the fit on the stock cover. WORTH THE MONEY.

> Bruce Simms

Regards,
rml