[6pack] Air injection rail - exhaust manifold

J B jb_2email at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 12:33:16 MDT 2015

I have also taken welding classes to hep with my hobby. It's good fun. Good luck with the project. Send us a picture when done.
JB

     On Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:02 AM, James_ via 6pack <6pack at autox.team.net> wrote:

 So I thought I'd share...
The air rail on a late 6 is prone to rusting out. So over the years I would collect manifolds with air rails to stock pile them. These buggers have been NLA for a longer time than I've owned the car. Sure, I could remove all the emission crap, but I tend to be a purest. Also, now living in oregon, they do emission testing - unlike Maryland.
Well,...
Years ago I repaired one by having someone braze the brake lines I bent and attach to the original pipe. Currently I am taking a welding class and have access to wonderful machines and decided to MAKE a complete air rail. It has been a challenge finding correct parts but I did it and properly drilling holes and bending steel tubes. Tonight I plan to start welding/brazing the tubes together!
Exciting to make a part from scratch. It's a lot of work but fun.

Thought I'd share my latest project.

James

—Sent from my Atari 2600—
Suggested annual donation  $12.96