[6pack] Air injection Rail

grego at sandesco.com grego at sandesco.com
Thu Apr 16 13:50:48 MDT 2015

I am in the portland oregon area and when I called the DEQ about a car I have that is powered by a 78 ford v8, they said they didn't care what I did to the motor or if I replaced the motor, as long as it passed the original vehicle test criteria when they sniffed the pipe. The only OEM requirement was that if the original drivetrain had a catalytic converter, then you had to still have one. In that case I was pulling off the entire intake & smog controls and replacing it all with an EFI/ECU system.

Fortuantely my TR6 is a 74 and doesn't have to be DEQ certified.

-grego