[6pack] Floorpan replacement and Rust repair quote...

James_ jattr6 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:41:39 MDT 2015

Thanks Sloan.
Yea, I want good work.
I just spoke to another guy who does British cars and he has done many floor pans and it doesn't require lifting the body off. Sure, lifting the body off is easier access and probably allows show quality/factory level construction.

I plan/hope to find a donor body wheel arch panel to cut out the section I need. I may need the inner fender too.
I suspect all this damage was from the brake fluid leaking and not realizing to exposed to the elements to cause such horrible rust. Or it is a coincidence.

This guy kinda pissed me off actually. The whole attitude. Like when I said I rebuilt the tranny. His reply: 'ok that's scary' what? I told him 'ok, it was 15 years ago and shifts perfect. It's just a damn puzzle. !' Then he backed down a little.
I suspect he is used to people that have more money than sense.
I appreciate he wants to do a top notch job. And nothing shy of that.
But sadly the truth is triumphs are jags or healey's.
Read into that what you will.
At some point I have to consider my bank account.
I do however want to have a great car that I can drive and enjoy and not hear the rust.
:-)

-James