[6pack] clutch slave internal spring

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Sat Jun 20 16:08:59 MDT 2015

The clutch master on my (running) 6 gave up the ghost; it was pretty rough so
I ordered a new one. I had a slave rebuild kit on hand and the slave looked
good (and honed to a nice finish inside) so I didn't plan to replace that end.
HOWEVER - that internal spring in the slave came out in 3 pieces, and the
rebuild kit does not include the spring. So... just order a new one, right?
TRF and Moss list "N/A" for the spring, and Vicky Brit shows one in the
catalog - at a price of $14.95! Wow, must be made of unobtainium. At that
price (and since I don't really trust VB) I might as well order a new complete
slave cylinder. Is that my only real option here?
 Lee
P.S. Oh, I found a box containing the complete slave from my non-running 6 -
and it's in great shape and has the spring in it. I may just use that one -
and render that nice part useless...