[6pack] Fwd: Alternator warning on, ignition off

John North johncnorth at gmail.com
Sat May 12 14:44:03 MDT 2018

I had a local alternator shop repair it.   They replaced the rectifier and
regulator.  We talked about how this happened (again) and he talked about
having a flat battery and then jump starting and expecting the alternator
to recharge the battery.   Apparently this puts way too much stress on the
alternator leading to premature failure.   I don't exactly recall doing
that recently, but I am probably guilty.   I am so used to automatic turn
off of lights and other modern conveniences...

John North