[6pack] Electrical problems

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Sep 13 05:59:52 MDT 2019

 Thanks for the reminder about this collection of schematics.  I've had these for many years and I have referred to them on many occasions.  Kudos to Dan Masters who put a lot of time in research and drawing these up.
The Purple wire feeds the horns and the Flash-to-Pass function but the main power for the headlights comes directly from the power tap on the battery cable so unless you are driving around holding the Flash-to-Pass I am at a loss to explain a direct interconnection.  A dodgy connection in the fuse block could be the cause if it were otherwise.  Something to look for is a wire-to-wire short in the harnesses that lead down from the steering wheel.

Did you or anyone else do some work under the dash and disconnect and reconnect wires?

Dave