[6pack] Brake MC

Richard Taylor taylorturbo6 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 13:57:56 MDT 2019

I don’t understand the logic of limiting the travel of the brake pedal, either. While this pedal shouldn’t have to travel even half of it stroke to apply full pressure to the brakes, we wouldn’t want to limit it should there be a failure in, say, half of the system. (Which would require a deeper pedal to make contact.

I don’t know if it applies to this (brake) limiting of the pedal, but there are some clutch operating systems that require a “pedal stop” so that the throwout bearing isn’t pushed out too far during the clutch disengagement. The hydraulic bearing in the Toyota 5 speed conversion would be one of them.

Dick