[6pack] [TR] Alternator not charging battery - 1976 TR6

Ron Cirillo cirilloron1 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 15:55:13 MDT 2020

I have looked at that circuit and with your answers, the only thing I come up with is defective voltage regulator (that is based on testing as indicated below).  There really isn't much to go wrong with the alternator itself.  However, regulators and off shore sourcing can be a real problem.  If they are made in china who knows if they will work or not.  If the rebuilt alternators are using new stock regulators there could be a bad lot of them out there.

Ron