[Alpines] HSC article and Alpine articles

Steven silverstein milano164 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 1 14:31:44 MST 2007

Chuck,

Actually, there have been some really good articles on the Alpine
fairly recently.     I don't know if you get Hemming's Sports and
Exotics but they did a story on the a very nice red Series II, I
think June 2007.   Hemmings also ran an article on the Sports Car
Forum Alpine, September 2005 in their very first issue.

http://www.hemmings.com/store/backissues.html?publication=HSX

Also, Vintage Racecar Journal ran a nice story on  the Sebring
Alpines and the LeMans Alpine last year.   http://
www.vintageracecar.com/

If you, or anyone else, would like me to e-mail you the PDF story on
Vince Tamburo, won the 1960 G-production championship in the Alpine,
or the story on Steve Alcala's Sebring Alpine that is nearly
finished, I would be glad to.    (I wrote the stories and Scott
Christie did a beautiful job of editing).   Just write me...

I thought the HSC article was really good.   The Tiger is looking
really great and it is fantastic that some of these really important
production cars, Alpines and Tigers, are getting saved or restored.

Steve

P.S. clearly Tigers have significant value... however, the Alpine
race cars I have found are at the "end of the their road" and well
beat.   Just short of scrap.  If you happen to see an Alpine you
believe might have been raced please write.   Most likely, I can tell
you exactly who raced it and when with a bit of research.   The first
clue on an Alpine I look for is an exhaust mount rubber mounted just
behind the head on the firewall or the throttle bracket has
additional reinforcement.   Two typical racing modification that I
see on most every Alpine for the track.

SS.