[Alpines] Fuel Smell in oil

?auri Lehtinen lehtinen.lauri at kolumbus.fi
Tue Nov 6 01:02:44 MST 2007

Gasoline in oil is not so dangerous as it sounds.
Germans used "Kallt-start" system in aviation engines, as they had not
developed such warming systems as we in Finland. They did add 10 - 15%
gasoline to engine oil for cold starting during east-front winter battles.
When engine warmed up, gaso evapored and vanished, and so oil was as thick
as before.

Well, it was those circumstances and obsolete oils, but a little amount of
petrol in engine oil will not explode engine.

Larry Leaflet,
Helsinki
Series IV Roadster, Carnival Red.

Couldn't this be a failure of the fuel pump itself.  My  understanding it
will pump into the crankcase if there's a diaphragm  problem.

Walt Suman
S-V  Seattle