[Alpines] Clutch compatibility

JACranwell at aol.com JACranwell at aol.com
Tue Jan 8 10:54:36 MST 2008

Andy,

I believe you need to match the master and slave cylinders to the clutch
cover/pressure plate.

To SIII had the heavy spring type, and SV the lighter diaphragm type. The
travel will be different, and would therefore need to match the cylinders. It may
be only the master that would be different. The manual shows a different type
of master used from the SIV onwards, P/N 7293, the older type shown as P/N
5461. There is no difference shown for the slave.

The clutch plate itself also differs, but you must have this covered, as it
is determined by the differing splines on the gearbox input shaft.

FYI, I'm using all SV parts, including the gearbox, clutch and cylinders in
my SIII, and all works very well.

Good luck,

Julian.