[Alpines] Weber question

Bill Mounce bmounce at rcn.com
Tue Jul 7 20:05:06 MDT 2009

Hello all:

I converted my SV to a single Weber downdraught carb, and have found it
stumbles, or has a flat spot (not sure of the correct jargon) at low RPMs.
I was thinking it was either starving at low RPMs, or getting too much gas
via the accelerator pump.  The situation is bad when leaving from a dead
stop, or shifting.  I haven't had time to monkey with it, but was talking to
a customer of mine who repaired foreign cars for 35 years.  He said the
Weber was designed for racing and high revs, and this behavior should be
expected.  Any comments from the group?  If this is true, I can't say I am
overly thrilled.  At my age and weight, the only racing I do is chasing the
Hagen Daz truck down my street!  "Wait, come ba-a-a-a-c-c-k-k-k-k!"

Thanks all,

Bill Mounce

1967 SV, aka 'The Paperweight'