[Alpines] electronic ignition

Robert (Bob) Hamilton hamilton at accesswave.ca
Tue Jan 18 14:13:15 MST 2011

Bill and other listening in,

I have had Pertronix in my 1953 - 54 Sunbeam Talbots for close to 10
years not and I have never once had a problem with the. Instant
starts, improved mileage, smooth running and best of all, I never
have to set points and adjust the timing.

Having said that, I did find out what happens when your voltage
regulator starts supplying over 16V! At this voltage, the Pertronics
system will not be damaged but it does stop working for periods of
about 10 - 15 seconds (slowing down gently from 60 mph) which is
enough to cause a muffler destroying explosion in the exhaust system!
Other motorists around thought there had been gunfire! Humerous but
it took me a while to determine why it was cutting out. I now have
the regulator regulating and all is well with Pertronics.

Later,
Bob