[Alpines] S2 HELP

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 14:38:28 MDT 2012

Im trying to help my Scotish buddy get his S2 up and driving. I would be on
the road BUT we do have some things Im hoping the Alpine guys can help me
with. First off I gave/sold him a S5 engine for thr S2 which had positive
ground. he changed it to negative ground and I think thats the largest part of
my problems. The gas gauge wont work BUT I did remove the sending unit
yesterday and eventho some fool had a metal screw in one hole i was able to
tap it out and use stainless allen head bolts. He has one of my S5 gauges and
it goes straight to full with enough gas in the car to make it register. Im
also at a loss to get it to charge as the car orginally had a generator but it
now has a S5 alternator. His main thought was to change it over so his
radio/steero would work. Hughie found the car setting at a co workers
Christmas party and he has seveal years and cash invested, so getting him up
and going is a have to do ordeal. Any thought will be deeply
 appreiated. plus the car is beautiful- a blue color with a bit of metal
flake. BUT he has yet to drive the car It runs fine and I would be down the
road- there are gas stations everywhere and I would put a one wire alt. on it
BUT its not mine. Thanks guys ahead of time.
TonytheTiger