[Alpines] Window lift

Lauri Lehtinen lehtinen.lauri at kolumbus.fi
Sat May 5 14:42:43 MDT 2012

Hi Julian (and folks),

yes, I mixed S4 and S5 mechanisms. Rollers in S5 were so big there was no
hope to get them into S4 rails. So I had to take working gear system from S5
and rivet them into my old parts. Ron Tebo just answered me and told that
window supporting rails must be adjusted front and rear. I adjusted rear,
and only the top end, and am quite sure it will operate correctly when it is
lined with the window route  front, rear and up and down. It works well
when supported by hand, but steel is not as flexible as flesh.

Thank you all, it might be able to find this info also from workshop manual,
but at midnight time I was toooo tired.

#arry

Ldhettdjd: JACranwell at aol.com [mailto:JACranwell at aol.com]
Ldhetetty: 5. toukokuuta 2012 9:14
Vastaanottaja: lehtinen.lauri at kolumbus.fi; alpines at autox.team.net
Aihe: Re: [Alpines] Window lift

Lauri,

The window channels are different sizes between series, ithink pre SII and
SIII on. You may have used parts from different series, e.g with rollers too
large for the channel. Is that possible. If not, it may be the side channels
need moving in a little to avoid catching. Also try a little silcon grease
on the side channels, and plenty of regular grease in the bottom channel
under the glass.

Julian.