[Autojumble] OT but worthwhile

mike mrajic at telus.net
Fri Jul 18 11:06:48 MDT 2008

Some of you might recall, I organized a donation drive to raise funds to buy
pre-paid calling cards for American and Canadian troops overseas. In about a
month over the winter holidays, we collectively raised $1853. Great success
by any measure.

I hadn't thought about it recently, until I received a couple of emails from
past donors asking if I would be doing it again anytime soon. The short
answer was no; but if the will is there, I'd have no problem dedicating time
to it again. The process is easy. So here we are.

I've received donations/pledges of $2050 in the last week.

With all that is happening with the housing and job markets and fuel prices,
it might be a stretch for some; so do what you can, IF you can. If you care
to donate at this time you can send a donation of $5, 10, ??? to the paypal
account troopcalls at gmail.com .

As in the past, I'll post first name and last name initials (unless you tell
me you want to stay anonymous) and as card purchases are made, the donors
will receive a purchase receipt via email. No tax deductions for you or me.
I'll keep an updated list here and you can follow along:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=419397

For those not familiar with what we did, below is a link that takes you back
to the original drive:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=385849

Any questions, just drop me a line.

Best of the summer to all,