[Autox] Rule 4.9

Paul and Meredith Brown l8apexrs at q.com
Tue Dec 29 14:30:50 MST 2009

I agree 100% with Bob here.

Letters to the SEB are useful if they contain actual solutions, not just
complaining.  Nor is sheer volume of any particular use other than to show
that there is some level of interest in the issue - if there isn't a
reasonable solution (either obvious by itself or suggested by at least one of
the letters) then the SEB may be in a position of just being able to agree
with the letter-writers that there is a problem, thank them for their input,
and go on with applying whatever rule is in force.

In this case, it doesn't seem that simply reducing the required numbers is a
real solution.  When the participation numbers continue to go down, then
you'll be back in this situation later on asking for a further reduction in
the requirement.  Rocky does present a solution, but it's very much imperfect;
I've already responded as to why I don't think it's really a great approach.
It might be the best one that can be implemented, and may be a crutch for a
bad situation, but I still think that improving participation in the
low-turnout classes is still the right approach.  And yes, some sort of "soft
landing" for an ailing class may help to reduce the losses and help encourage
people to make a commitment to a class that may be on the edge now.

This all from someone who will be starting a 10th year in E Stock soon rather
than taking the leap to a CP car  :-)