Salina Region Evolution Schools in April! .

Rocky Entriken rocky at spitfire4.com
Mon Feb 25 22:40:41 MST 2013

ANNOUNCING:

The Salina Region Evolution Schools for 2013

    Salina Region will put on its annual Evolution Performance Driving Schools
on April 19-21 (Friday-Sunday). We could possibly have three different
schools. Many of the Evolution instructors are SCCA national champions.

    We qre again scheduling a Phase 1, a Phase 2 and a Challenge School.

b  Phase 1 (Friday, April 19) b This is the basics, Autocross 101. Lines,
apexes and how to find them, common autocross maneuvers. Lots of seat time.
Evolution does require a Phase 1 before moving on to more advanced schools.

b  Phase 2 (Saturday, April 20) b This is the next step, Autocross 102.
You begin to learn techniques that translate to quicker times on course. You
really should do this next before taking other courses.

b  Challenge (Sunday, April 21) b This one polishes the lessons learned in
P1 and P2 with different exercises on a new course. The challenge is, at the
end of the day, your instructor takes a couple of runs in your car ... can you
beat him?

Class costs

    Each one-day school will be $260. If you take two schools you get a $35
discount ($485), for all three schools therebs an $80 discount ($700).,

    The school is sanctioned by SCCA which means all attendant costs apply.
SCCA has now mandated that all autocross participants be SCCA members. To that
end SCCA now offers a low-cost bWeekend Membership.b For the Evolution
students this membership will be covered by Salina Region SCCA -- anyone not
already an SCCA member will be given a free Weekend Membership which will
cover all aspects of the weekend (including the separate Salina Region solo
events also taking place on Saturday and Sunday). Also, a Weekend Membership
is a $15 coupon towards a full SCCA membership.

A typical day

    The Evolution schools strive for a 6:1 student/instructor ratio. This
usually means maximum class sizes of 12 students if we use two instructors, or
18 if we bring in three. Or, we have even done two schools side by side with
four instructors.

    You do the schools in your own car. The day starts with registration and
tech, just like a basic autocross, except it begins sharp at 8:30 a.m. and
runs to about 3 or 4 in the afternoon with a lunch break. Students go out 2 or
3 at a time, 1:1 with their instructors. When your session is not on course
you will either be working the course or getting ready for your next time
out.

    During the lunch break and at the end of the day debrief sessions go over
what everyone has learned. Lunch is provided by the Evans Stadium concession
stand. All students get a coupon. Order whatever you like.

How to enter

    All registrations are now handled through the Evolution website --
www.evoschool.com.

    Signup is available right now by going to the Evolution website and
clicking on SHOP EVOLUTION and then bSchools.b Then add the schools you
want to your shopping cart. For multiple-school discounts, you must use the
bMulti-Schoolb links. (When you go to bCheckoutb the website will ask
you for account information: Name, address, payment, etc.).

Companion events

    There will also be a Salina Region autocross Saturday and another on
Sunday. These are separate events. Entry (member price is $25, or $40 both
days) is not included in the school entry fee.

    We do not recommend attempting to do the autocross and a school on the
same day, but it gives you something to do on your off day if any. Or to put
into immediate practice what you learned in Phase 1.

    To enter the autocross, go to the pre-registration on the Salina Region
website -- www.salinascca.com -- a few days prior to the event. Entry fee is
paid on-site the day of the event. You will pay the member price, even if you
are not a full SCCA member, because your SCCA weekend membership is included
in your Evo School entry fee.

Questions?

    Call or e-mail me at 785-827-5143 or rocky at spitfire4.com. Or see the
website www.evoschool.com.     -- Rocky Entriken

[If you have no interest in receiving announcements about Salina Regionbs
Evolution Schools, please let me know and I will remove you from our Evo
School mailing list.]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of clip_image002.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of clip_image003.gif]