[Bmcu] Distributor points melted (82' Mini)

adamant at xmission.com adamant at xmission.com
Wed Apr 21 09:30:39 MDT 2010

I would get the old system working before adding an electronic
ignition. The only time I have had points that look like they have
melted was caused by the high tension circuit jumping across to the
low tension. As I saw you had replaced the coil it might be that the
HT does not have a good path to the plugs. If the Ht has to jump
across a greater gap to ground than the spark plug itself, it will.
Also even if the HT has jumped to the LT even just once then the
condenser is shot and will need replacing.
Hope that helps.
Adam.

Quoting Dylan Thurston <dylan.thurston at gmail.com>|