[Bmcu] MGB prep advice for road trip

andrew at drooartz.com andrew at drooartz.com
Wed Jan 18 13:27:32 MST 2012

At the very least check the pads and shoes. Neither are difficult to
swap some basic hand tools.

If you don't know when the brake hoses were last replaced, go ahead and
do them. They're not that difficult and cheap insurance. Good quality
rubber ones are just fine, though there's nothing wrong with the braided
lines (I used braided ones on the Bugeye when I did those brakes).
Flush/bleed with new fluid and you're good to go. There are only 3 soft
hoses -- 1 to each front wheel and one to the rear axle.

Heck, I'll be doing all the above (new pads and hoses) on my MGB in
April or so. Swing on by and we'll make it a Midway tech session.

-Drew