[Bmcu] Nebo Loop

Bruce Oblad bruce.oblad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:08:11 MDT 2012

Roger,
It was a very nice tour.  The scenery was spectacular, but the company was
few in number, 4 cars, 8 people.  We enjoyed picnic lunches together at one
table at the Payson Lakes area.  It was great to get to know each other
better.  The roads down by Goshen and around Utah lake were full of
cyclists and the loop was punctuated by black angus and other cattle.  The
ranchers were out in force with trailers to round up the cattle from their
high summer range to take them to lower ground for the winter.  The maples
were in full red, but the quaking aspens were barely fading.  This weekend
would probably show plenty of golden fronds.

I have pictures at home, but since I'm in Oklahoma at the moment, I won't
get to post them until I return.  I'll be sure to do it.  Others took
photos and will likely beat me to it.

You missed a fun and interesting outing.  I'm sure it'll happen again.

By the way, we had a heap of trouble in my wife's Jaguar (2005 XJ VDP)
coming out here on Tuesday.  An O'Reilly code reader in Hayes, KS signaled
P2135 which is the notorious throttle body sensor fault, and we had
numerous episodes of dropping into limp mode on the Interstates and US
Highways.  I thought the substitution of Denso for Lucas electronis would
improve Jaguar reliability, but it looks like there are gremlins that have
not been exorcised which still lurk within the iconic cats.  Alas, even the
Japanese are powerless against such an adversary as intermittent currents.
 The crippled Jag is in the able hands of Jerry Dickeson at North Side
Imports in Ponca City, OK.  He will perform his rites on the electronic
evil spirit, we hope, and once again the Jag will conduct us effortlessly,
swiftly, and in comfort toward the crossroads of the West.  It'll probably
require a complete throttle body replacement.  If that doesn't work we may
have to resort to finding the cat whisperer of the local Ponca Tribe and
pay him to work his magic on the invalid feline.  This Jaguar has been a
fabulous car.....until now.  I've heard that these parts are shared with
Toyotas.  I'm scratching my head trying to figure if "Made in Great
Britain" carries some sort of curse.
Regards,
Bruce O.