[Bmcu] Bought a Mini!

Tom Bottman tbottman at bottman.com
Wed May 1 13:49:47 MDT 2013

I've got TR3A (not a vintage plate).

Tom Bottman

Bottman Design

1081 South 300 West #A

Salt Lake City, UT 84101

800-365-5564

www.bottman.com

  _____

From: bmcu-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:bmcu-bounces at autox.team.net] On
Behalf Of Dylan Thurston
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:05 PM
To: richsanders2020 at comcast.net
Cc: BMCU
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Bought a Mini!

I'm curious, everyone chime in.... what did everyone choose for their
personalized plates (if you opted for custom plates)

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM, <richsanders2020 at comcast.net> wrote:

Aaron- I just went through the same process, but with bringing a car in from
out of state.

So if you are having a new Utah title issued like I had to do, you have to
register it at the time you apply for the title (total >$100).

At that time you need get license plates that ARE NOT personalized. These
can be vintage plates so that you are not subject to semi annual inspection.
You will leave the DMV with this set of plates in hand.  However, only after
your new title arrives (2-3 weeks in the mail) can you apply for the
customized plates. You will need to pay an additional $63 for the customized
plates which take 4-5 weeks in the mail. (It has been 4 weeks today and I'm
still waiting for mine).

The vintage application form and search process is online at the DMV
website. You can actually search by choosing special plate type (in this
case vintage) and then go through your selections that you are looking for
to see if they are available. The vintage plates are now limited to a total
of 5 (no more, no less) alpha numeric characters.

Good luck.

Rich Sanders.

  _____