[Bmcu] 1978 Utah plates?

Andrew Frink mgb at drooartz.com
Mon May 13 08:42:37 MDT 2013

Andrew-

You may want to call the DMV before you hunt down those plates. According to the DMV website, you can only run year-of-manufacture plates on 1973 or earlier cars:

---

Antique (Original Issue) License Plates

Vehicles of a model year 1973 or older may display original-issue license plates issued during the same year the vehicle was manufactured.

If the antique plate number is not currently assigned to another vehicle on the Motor Vehicle file and does not conflict with a currently issued series, the antique plate may be used in substitution for a regularly issued plate. An owner who sells a vehicle with original issue plates assigned to it may also sell the plate by completing an affidavit relinquishing the plates.