[Bmcu] Antelope Island

R J DAVIS rogerdavis87 at msn.com
Sun May 19 10:12:50 MDT 2013

Kim,  thanks for another great "island run."

Although the rain may have kept some participants at home, there was a great turn out.  I counted somewhere between 15-20+ vehicles in our group!  The order of the the day was keeping dry, of course, but minimizing fogging windows was also paramount.  It is amazing at how well our LBC's handle that kind of weather.  Like ducks to water.  Guess it must be in their heritage.

At the Ranch, Ranger Clay invited us into the barn to get out of the weather to have our lunches.  While we ate, the Sun came, the rain stopped, and tours around the Ranch took off in all directions.  How many of you saw the mother owl and her babies?  They were in the area behind the restrooms.

I'm certain (hope) some one else will do a write up of this event with pictures.  It was fun, even with the intermittent rain.

The next BMCU event comes up this weekend when we head off to Steamboat Springs, CO for our annual Memorial Day Tour.  Hope you've mad your reservations and if not, now is the time to make them.  See the BMCU website for more information.

Even if you cannot do the complete tour, why not come with us for at least part of the way?  Several people have done this in the past and really enjoyed it.  And, it's a great way to get a taste of Touring with the Club.  Join us for an hour or two, until lunch, or the whole Tour.  The important thing is to get out and drive your British powered vehicle!

Roger D
Lt. Gov