[Bmw-mini] Mini reliability

Sharpe Christopher C LtCol AEFC/AEPJ christopher.sharpe@langley.af.mil
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:10:02 -0500

Mini owners,

  I was all ready to buy a new Mini when my friend Marshall Cone (02 MC)
said that he has had numerous (23 to be exact) problems with his Mini since
taking delivery.  Many of these problems were minor, but some, like the
windshield cracking and transaxle problems were not so minor.  I am moving
this summer to a town that is two hours from the nearest Mini dealer, and
may not have the stomach for repeated trips to the dealer for warranty work.

  My question is what is your experience in terms of reliability and what
year/model do you have.  Some have said the '03s are much better than the
'02s and that the MCS has a better transaxle.  Please provide your
experiences.

Thanks,

Chris Sharpe
potential Mini owner