[Bricklin] Car will not start. Any suggestions

John T. Blair jblair1948 at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 16:55:12 MDT 2010

At 06:39 PM 4/28/2010, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >I have an electronic ignition under the coil.  I had installed a
Pertronix a few
 >years ago.

Greg,

Ahh yes the old Pertronix.  I installed one on my Morgan a couple of years ago.
They are nice but expensive compaired to the points and condenser.

 >Everything as far as the car starting was fine a few days ago.  I
just expected
 >to start it like normal again today.  I did have a couple of tools
drop, while
 >working on the rocker studs.  I did not notice any loose
connections or anything
 >that would have caused the car to not start.

Well the Pertronix unit could have failed, although unlikely if it's
only a couple of
years old.

It still could be a bad rotor button.  I've had them fail on a
running engine before.
So they can go anytime.

The only other thing I can think of is a crack in the dist. cap and
humidity.  If it's
been rainy where you live, the spark could be shorting out in the dist. cap.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229