[Bricklin] acrylic

monfort_g monfort_g at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 23 18:31:56 MDT 2011

I doubt it will hold up to extremes in temperature over time and then there
will most likely be a color mismatch based on my experience with tub repairs
cracking somewhat worse, though in fairness it took a couple of decades for
it to happen and obviously better than looking at a dirt stained one until
they did.

Still, considering how much my car's white body has cracked even sitting
still in a garage for many years now, I don't see how to permanently fix it
all without shooting whatever high solids catalytic coating/flex agent is
used on acrylic panels these days once all the repairs are done using
whatever has proven to work well.

I've been 'out of the loop' for so long WRT vehicles in general and the
Bricklin in particular, I've no clue what the latest n' greatest is anymore
about anything.

GM