[Bricklin] Oil Pressure

Greg Schroeder gschroeder at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 07:17:29 MDT 2011

Thanks for all the responses so far.  I left out a few details.  I rebuilt
the engine a couple of years ago. I replaced the oil pump gears.  I cannot
remember if I change the oil pump valve spring.  I believe I did, but I will
have to see if I kept all the parts to see if the spring was replaced.

I have not driven it to much but I did drive to the meet last year in
Lexington from TN.  Now my trips are around 10 to 15 miles one way.
Normally on the return is when this occurs and only at idle.  I feel like at
every stop sign and traffic light it will die.  When the car is being driven
and not stopped the oil  pressure is fine.  It is just as the engine gets to
temp the idle drops a few RPM's and then the oil pressure light flickers or
stays on.  In some cases the engine will die and have to be restarted.

The idle after the choke is off is around 800-900 RPM's (based on the tach).
It will drop down when put in gear and the air turned on to around 600-700
RPM's. It drives and accelerates fine with no issues.  After driving for a
while it will drop even more and start this problem.

Greg 0036