[Bricklin] Installing the Door Skin

Rick at High Tech Coatings rick at hightechcoatings.com
Tue Mar 22 02:49:11 MST 2011

You can do it either way, some Of the "famous" well respected restorers remove
the cat whisker bracket and glue it to the skin, That way it will be in the
right place. I personally don't like the idea of removing it from the window
channel, in the past I have mounted the channel adjusted the window, got
everything working right, then trial mount the skin, I usually then have to
cut off the bracket and move it so it is positioned properly then reweld it to
the window channel. Lots more work that way. Next time I will probably just
weld a new "brace" on the channel then remove and glue the cat whisker bracket
to the skin