[Bricklin] Air valve problem

Scott Isensee isensee at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 17:19:25 MDT 2011

 I found some time to troubleshoot a bit more tonight. Both the driver and
passenger door raising valves are are getting 12 volts and the electromagnets
on each have the same resistance (a small fraction of an ohm). I cleaned off
the little bit of oil that was in the valve in case that was causing it to
stick. The voltage on both sides are the same when the valves trigger. As I
played with it, the air pressure dropped and, again, the passenger side valve
starts to work much more reliably when the pressure gets down to 40 pounds or
so. At 80-100 pounds, the driver side always works and the passenger side
works only rarely. I don't know why, but at full pressure, that passenger side
valve is having trouble moving.

 Scott