[Bricklin] Small spring on hatch latch

Alan Golbov cozmobrown at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 19:18:57 MDT 2019

Sorry folks - I didn't mention the large compression spring that pops the
hatch up - it's not that one.  I'm attaching pics of the one I mean.  It
was attached to the big screw opposite the one that the large spring is
attached with.  As I look at this, it seems as though both ends of the
spring have been cut with diagonal pliers - a nice, pointed cut, which
would not be a factory spring.  Maybe this is something a previous owner
added, and it wouldn't be the first thing like that I've found on this
car.  I'd still be curious to know if anyone else has something like this
on their hatch latch.  Thanks!