[PreWar] Shipping a car from England to California

Lawrie Alexander lawrie at britcars.com
Sun Nov 28 14:38:31 MST 2010

Fellow Listers ....

I have found an MGB GT V8 in England that can be had for next-to-nothing,
having sat in a garage for over 20 years since last being used. It looks to
be a reasonably straightforward restoration project, so I am considering
adding it to my "future project" list.

First, however, I need to know what it might cost to ship a car from England
to San Francisco. If anyone has done this or can give me any suggestions,
I'd be grateful for their advice.

If shipping the car here turns out to be too expensive to make the project
worthwhile, I'll be happy to relay the information on the car to anyone in
the UK who might be looking for a V8 BGT project ........

TIA,

Lawrie Alexander