[PreWar] oil pump mesh/strainer

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Wed Oct 5 09:08:55 MDT 2011

  Yeah, and I am there with the courage after 9 years of the car sitting
in my garage.  I did have a "excuse" I was working on another 1934
Singer and did not want 2 cars apart at the same time, guess it was a
lousy excuse.

  There is no oil filter on the car, never has been so the only filter
is that screen.    The inside of the engine will be fairly clean and the
pan will be clean, so no big chunks will be floating around in the new
oil.  I will only be running it 3-5 minutes since I still have to do
brakes and wiring (rats got the wiring) and I know the radiator leaks
some, so not a long running time, just long enough to see how well it
does.   The brakes failed on the previous owner in 1968 on the 405
freeway (San Diego Freeway) so it was at least running pretty well in
those days, not sure what gave me the courage but I am anxious all of a
sudden.

  I am looking into that VW item someone suggested and if not then I
will pull the oil pan on my other 1934 Singer and match up the screen,
that screen wont fit since its a 4 cylinder motor vs. this one 6
cylinder but the screen material is likely the same.

     mike