[British-cars] engine ID

nick brearley nick at landform.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 09:00:15 MDT 2007

At 15:01 19/08/2007, David wrote:
>I need some help ID'ing the engine I have in one of my Bug-eyes.  Way  back
>in the olden days (mid 80's) when I live in England I had a 1098 installed
>into my sprite.  Now both the car and I live in New Orleans.  It
>seems  to me the
>guy said it was out of a Mini (memory fades).
>****Motor ID # is 10 MAV 17669       ****     Behind the exhaust manifold is
>the word MOWOG
>****Aslo behind the manifold is:
>12A497
>RMO
>23758-29

David,

I'd be surprised if the engine came from a Mini (FWD). Looking at a
chart found at

www.mgcars.org.uk/mgccz/technic/codeseng.pdf

it appears that it may have come from a Minor 1000 series 5, which
would be quite plausible. Others on the list will probably be able to
elaborate.

Look after the cars, there's quite an interest developing in them
back here in the UK.

Nick Brearley