[British-cars] Recalls & Smart Laws

ARoman4047 at aol.com ARoman4047 at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 10:15:02 MDT 2007

In a message dated 6/28/07 11:55:14 AM, 57healey at gmail.com writes:

> You saw the same type thing with the dog food recalls where the
> Chinese manufacturers were using tainted ingredients!
>
> It makes me worry about the quality control for the new MG and future
> Healey.  ( http://www.gizmag.com/go/7529/ ) Can quality control drop
> below the British Leyland "standards"?
>
> Patton

Sadly this seems to be a result of marketing...Where the "brand" image
becomes more valuable than the product itself...
Another reason for the layering of companies between the "brand" owner
and the actual product is protection of the brand name...It wouldn't do
for the consumer of a brand name product (or especially one with a de-
signer name on it) to find out that his whatever came down the same as-
sembly line that supplies Wal-Mart and the 99 cent store...

What I'm (not) waiting for is the really big one...When something (food
products come to mind) being produced or grown or treated to make it
grow faster, last longer, be cheaper and introduces something - disease
or a really harmful reaction into the general populace... ;-(

Tony in NJ (I always brush my teeth with antifreeze...;-)
W.A.S.T.E.